192.168.8.1 is one of the popular IP addresses that helps people to change their WiFi password or configure settings. It helps the network to be more secure and prevents hacking via configuring the Wi-Fi settings. Moreover, if you log in to 192.168.8.1 IP address then you can access several information including IP address, traffic, information about the device & speed, etc.
However, by accessing this, you can also know the issues of the network connection that you are settings. There starts the role of Wi-Fi settings for IP 192.168.8.1. So, need to worry at all!! Here is the complete guide that will give you all information related to this IP address.
Let’s start now!!
How to Search For Your IP Address & Access the Login Page?
Check out the simple process to access this IP address:
- First of all, ensure that your computer, mobile phone or laptop has a stable network to connect with the Wifi router.
- Then after go to any web browser such as Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, & Safari, etc.
- Now, type in the search bar http://192.168.8.1 & it will direct you to the concerned website or Wifi router’s login page.
- Now, it’s time to log in to make desired changes. For this, you need default credentials such as username & password. Thankfully, all the default details are mentioned on the base of the Wifi router otherwise you can also find the default logins given below.
What are the Default Credentials for IP Address 192.168.8.1?
Here is the default username & password list:
- IP Address == http://192.168.8.1
Username == admin
Password == none
- IP Address == 192.168.8.1
Username == admin
Password == admin
- IP Address == 192.168.8.1
Username == cameras
Password == cameras
What If I Have a Local IP Address?
Don’t worry!! If you have a local IP address as there is a difference between the local & public IP addresses. So, if you want to make changes to the local IP address then you need a new IP address; no need to access the Wifi router with IP address 192.168.8.1.
Here are the steps given to get a new IP address or change it:
- First, go to the Setup Menu option.
- Secondly, choose the network settings option.
- Now, find the option Wifi router settings that are given below, and type your desired or new IP address.
- Finally, save the changes & also restart the device.
Now, your Home or Industrial router or device will start working with the changed or new IP address. In addition to this, the strength of the IP Wifi router & the Wifi router will both be strengthened by these improvements.
I Have Forgotten My Home Router’s Login Credentials, What To Do Now?
If you have forgotton the login credentials or didn’t ever change it then it is pretty much easier. You can easily find in the above list. In addition to this, you can turn the Wifi router back to factory settings. For this, try to hold on the button for 10-15 minutes by using a toothpick or needle then you can easily access the default credentials.
Can I Guess the IP Address?
Yes, you can guess the IP address for http 192.168.8.1 by trying the below addresses:
Which Popular WiFi Router Brands Use 192.168.8.1 IP Address?
As discussed above that 192.168.8.1 is one of the popular IP addresses that is used by brands like GI.I Net, Medialink, D-Link, Sitecom, Digicom, Thomson, Linksys, Us Robotics, Netgear, BenQ, B J Tech, Adaptech, Ignition Design Labs, etc.
How to Solve the Troubleshooting Issues?
You may suffer from the following troubleshooting issues:
- Incorrect or misspelt IP address.
- Taking prolonged time to respond.
- Failed to connect with the internet.
If you have the above troubleshooting issues then we all know – every problem has a solution. So, you can fix them by following these steps:
- Copy & paste the correct IP address or take the help of the above default login credentials list.
- Try to reset the Wifi router or modem if it is taking too much to respond.
- Verify that your internet is connected properly with the Wifi router or your Wifi router is indicating its three lights, etc.
- If you find your Wifi router or modem defaulty then you can replace it with a new piece.
- In addition to this, you can also set a static IP on your computer or smartphone.
How to Set a Static IP on the Computer or Smartphone?
If you are getting the 169 IP address error then you may set a static IP on the computer or smartphone. For this, check out & follow these steps:
- The IP address for your computer or smartphone.
- You can also set a subnet mask that is often 255.255.255.0.
- Go for a default gateway that indicates your Wifi router’s IP address which is usually 192.168.1.1.
Follow these steps to get desired results. For more information on Wireless Routers, keep visiting 5forty3.in!
- 192.168.3.1 login guide
- 192.168.188.1 admin login
- 192.168.2.1 admin login
- 192.168.1.254 wifi setttings
- 10.0.0.1 admin login